Terms and Conditions
Okay, so they are long and dull but here goes…..
By taking out a subscription with Iceberg Press Ltd (we publish The Simple Things) you are entering into a contract and will be bound by our terms and conditions outlined below.
Once you have submitted your details to us, we will send you a nice acknowledgement. This doesn’t necessarily mean we have accepted your order though. There are a few more checks and balances we need to do at our end, so we only officially accept your order when we charge you or dispatch the magazine(s) for your first order.
The length of your subscription term may vary and will be on your acknowledgment order. You can also check with us if you are unsure.
Cancelling Your Subscription:
If you are in North America your minimum term is 12 months. However, if you change your mind (why would you?) within the first 60 days then you can cancel by writing to us at: Iceberg Press, Thorne House, Turners Hill Road, Crawley Down, West Sussex , RH10 4HQ, UK or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are in the UK, Europe or the rest of the world then you can cancel at any time (we are all friends, though, aren’t we?) by writing to us at: Iceberg Press, Thorne House, Turners Hill Road, Crawley Down, West Sussex, RH10 4HQ, UK or by emailing email@example.com. We will refund you for any unmailed issues.
Should you receive a copy of The Simple Things which isn’t in brilliant condition (what does the postman do to them sometimes?) the please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your magazine, your name, address and subscriber number and we’ll do our best to put it right
Buying other stuff from us.
We will be offering some other lovely items for you to buy (or that we might gift to you) and they will also be subject to our terms and conditions. Iceberg Press can’t take any responsibility for how you use anything you might buy from us, and so by making a purchase you acknowledge that Iceberg Press will have no obligation to you (without limitation) as to the quality, suitability and fitness for purpose. We also won’t know why you bought it so you also acknowledge that Iceberg have no obligation or liability to you in relation to your use or reliance on or otherwise in respect of the items you bought or were gifted. You can cancel your order for any items within 14 days of placing it. This doesn’t affect your statutory rights. Phew.
Should you wish to cancel an order or you have any grumbles please write to us at: Iceberg Press, Thorne House, Turners Hill Road, Crawley Down, West Sussex, RH10 4HQ.
Thank you for using our website. We are a community website where you can read information, enter competitions, upload photos, take part in discussions and much more.
If you have any queries about the website or these Terms, you can contact us using the details in the “Say Hello” section. If you do not agree with these Terms, you should leave the website and stop using the website service immediately.
Registering with us and being eligible.
In order to make use of certain parts of the website service, you will need to register an account with us. In order to do so, you must (a) satisfy the minimum age requirement; (b) provide us with complete and accurate registration information; (c) ensure your use of the website service is in accordance with these Terms and any Applicable Laws (as defined below); and (d) select a username and password. By registering an account with us you warrant that: (a) you meet the minimum age requirement, which will be specified on the registration pages; (b), you have given complete and accurate registration information, and will keep that information updated; and (c) your use of the website service does not violate these Terms or breach any Applicable Laws. You acknowledge that you will be responsible for all activities which take place under your username and for keeping your password secure. If you become aware of any actual, threatened or suspected unauthorised use of your username and/or any other breach of security, you agree to notify us immediately. You may cancel your account with us at any time by contacting us using the detail under the “Say Hello” section below. We may terminate your account with us for any or no reason, at any time, with or without notice and without liability.
The whole internet.
In order to use the Website Service, you will require access to the world-wide web. You are responsible for any connection, service and other fees associated with such access and for providing all equipment necessary to enable you to connect to the world-wide web (including a computer and modem or other access device).
We ask that you behave in an orderly manner whilst using www.icebergpress.co.uk. It’s here for your personal use, so you aren’t allowed to do anything non-personal or commercial with it. You will need to abide by all the applicable laws (UK law, applicable international laws and the local laws in your country of residence).
You agree when using the site to abide by our rules. In particular, but not limited to:
- Using icebergpress.co.uk in a way which promotes or encourages illegal activity or in a way that could damage, disable, overburden or impair icebergpress.co.uk
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to icebergpress.co.uk or its networks or computer systems. That’s hacking that is.
- Unless expressly permitted by law you can’t modify, adapt or translate icebergpress.co.uk. You also can’ t use one of those robots, spiders or site search/retrieval application (or any other device come to think of it) to retrieve or index any part of icebergpress.co.uk or re-format or frame any portion of the web pages comprising icebergpress.co.uk.
- Remove or obstruct any advertisements (they paid good money for those!) and/or any copyright, trade mark or other proprietry notices contained on or in icebergpress.co.uk.
- Upload, post or otherwise display content which is or promotes behavior which violates the rights (including, without limitation, the intellectual property rights) of a third party or which is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, flaming, hateful, offensive (whether in relation to sex, race, religion or otherwise) harassing, hateful, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 years, or contains any illegal content.
- Upload, post or otherwise display any content which contains software viruses or any other files or programs that may interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the website or the website service or any server or networks connected to the website or another’s computer, or that contains any chain letters, pyramid-selling schemes, bulk mail, junk mail or similar.
- Upload, post or otherwise display any content containing a photograph of another person unless you have obtained that person’s consent;
- Harvest or collect any IP addresses or email addresses or other contact information of any members of the Website, by electronic means or otherwise.
- Upload, post or otherwise display any content for any commercial or business purpose including (without limitation) any content which contains any advertising or promotional materials.
- Restrict or in any way inhibit any other person’s use of the website or the website service.
- Upload, post or otherwise display any content which is false, misleading, un-necessary and/or repetitive including any content which is inaccurate, out of date or repeats that previously uploaded, posted or displayed by you or another visitor, unless absolutely necessary.
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any content to a part of the website which is irrelevant to the subject matter of the content.
- Register an account with us under more than one user name and/or user account number.
- Breach the terms of any suspension or ban or seek alternative access.
- In the interests of free speech, bring any action for defamation against Iceberg Press Ltd.
- Use or solicit any other account holder’s personal data for any purpose other than establishing non-commercial, lawful contact that such account holder would reasonably expect to welcome.
- Submit content owned by a third party without consent from that third party or submit content in a manner which expressly or impliedly infers that such content is sponsored or endorsed by the website.
- Contact any other user of the website if they have expressly asked you not to.
- Attempt to impersonate any other user or account holder of the website or the website service.
- Use the username and/or password of any other account holder of the website or disclose your password to any other person.
- Upload, post or otherwise display any content comprising an advertisement or accept payment or anything of value from any person in exchange for you uploading, posting or displaying any content or otherwise performing any commercial activity on or through the website or the website service on behalf of such person (including, without limitation, posting on the forum or in general comments for a commercial purpose and/or sending messages to other users of the website with a commercial purpose).
You agree to indemnify Iceberg Press Ltd in full and on demand from and against any loss, damage, costs or expenses which they suffer or incur directly or indirectly as a result of your use of icebergpress.co.uk, and any use of the same under your username otherwise than in accordance with these terms or applicable laws.
The copyright for everything on icebergpress.co.uk is either owned by Iceberg Press or licensed to it, or used with permission. All rights are reserved. You can view, print or download extracts of the Material for your own personal use but you cannot otherwise copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit, disseminate in any form whatsoever or use the Material without Iceberg Press’ express permission. You must not frame or link to icebergpress.co.uk or any part of it without our permission. If you ask nicely though we might let you.
The Simple Things is a trademark owned by Iceberg Press, other trade marks, service marks and logos are also owned by Iceberg or other third parties. You cannot use, copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit or disseminate the trade marks without the prior written consent of Iceberg Press or the relevant third party partner of Iceberg Press.
Content Submitted to the Website
You are responsible for any information, data, text, music, software, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other content which you post or upload and/or display (in public or privately) to the website. Iceberg Press may (but shall not be obliged to) delete, edit, lock, move or remove any content without notice and for any reason and/or to record the IP address from which any content is posted, uploaded and/or displayed without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, content which, in our sole discretion, violates our terms or is or may be irrelevant, out of date, inappropriate or objectionable in any way whatsoever, or in respect of which Iceberg Press receives any complaint (whether justified or not). By posting, uploading and/or displaying any content to the website you warrant that: (a) you own all intellectual property and proprietary rights in such content or that you have a license from the owner of such rights to post, upload and/or display such content on the website; and (b) the posting, uploading and/or displaying of such content on the website and the grant of the license to Iceberg Press and its group companies (on the terms set out below) will not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party.
We may link to other sites through icebergpress.co.uk. We probably don’t own them, and although we will have read them we can’t take responsibility for or endorse what you might find on them.
Restricting, suspending or terminating your access.
Iceberg Press reserves the right at its sole discretion to deny you access to the website and/or the website service, or any part thereof, with or without notice and for any reason including, without limitation, if you fail to comply with any provision of these Terms. In particular, Iceberg Press may deny you access to the website and/or the website services if Iceberg Press exercises its right to delete, edit, lock or remove any content posted, uploaded or displayed by you. Iceberg Press reserves the right to suspend or cease providing all or any of the website service, without notice, and shall have no liability or responsibility to you in any manner whatsoever if it chooses to do so.
If you see any advertisements on icebergpress.co.uk you need to know that we do not accept any responsibility (see a pattern emerging here?) for these advertisements. If you decide to purchase any goods or services advertised then you do so at your own risk and if you have any problems, questions or queries relating to them you should contact the advertiser directly.
We may host competitions on icebergpress.co.uk and if we do, you agree to be bound by the rules of that competition and any other rules we may specify. Iceberg’s decisions on any matters relating to the competition. Iceberg reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in its absolute discretion without notice in accordance with the competition rules.
It is our policy to terminate any person’s account with us if they repeatedly infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others. If you believe any of your work has been copied and posted on the website in a way which infringes your intellectual property or proprietary rights, please contact us immediately. You will need to provide us with the following information: (i) a description of the work that you claim has been infringed and a description of the alleged infringing copy of it; (ii) a description of where the alleged infringing copy has been posted on the website; (iii) your contact details; (iv) a written statement, signed by you, to confirm that you are the owner of the work or you are authorised to act on the owner’s behalf and the information you have provided to us is accurate to the best of your knowledge and belief.
Interaction between account holders.
You are responsible for how you interact with other account holders and users of the website and the website service. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor how you interact with those persons.
These Terms (as amended from time to time) constitute the entire agreement between you and Iceberg Press concerning your use of icebergpress.co.uk and supersede any previous arrangement, agreement, undertaking or proposal, written or oral between you and Iceberg Press in relation to such matters.
Iceberg Press reserves the right to update these Terms from time to time. If it does so, Iceberg Press will publish a notice on icebergpress.co.uk together with a link to these Terms to bring any such update to your attention. Your continued use of icebergpress.co.uk following any changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms so that you are aware of any changes to them. No other variation to these Terms shall be effective unless in writing and signed by an authorised representative on behalf of Iceberg Press.
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in relation to any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms and/or your use of icebergpress.co.uk.
If any provision(s) of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties (as reflected in the provision(s)) and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
Iceberg Press’ failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Iceberg Press in writing.
Unless otherwise expressly stated, nothing in the Terms shall create any rights or any other benefits whether pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise in favour of any person other than you, Iceberg Press and its related companies.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms.
Its good to talk, so please contact us at: Iceberg Press Ltd, Thorne House, Turners Hill Road, Crawley Down, West Sussex RH10 4HQ or email email@example.com.
DISCLAIMER / LIABILITY
(This bit is really important which is why it is in CAPITALS)
USE OF ICEBERGPRESS.CO.UK IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ICEBERGPRESS.CO.UK IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS" BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW: (A) ICEBERG DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE IN RELATION TO ICEBERGPRESS.CO.UK; AND (B) ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATING TO ICEBERGPRESS.CO.UK (WHETHER IMPLIED BY STATUE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY WARRANTY, TERM OR CONDITION AS TO ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE OR ANY SPECIAL PURPOSE, AVAILABILITY, NON INFRINGEMENT, INFORMATION ACCURACY, INTEROPERABILITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND TITLE ARE, AS BETWEEN ICEBERG AND YOU, HEREBY EXCLUDED. IN PARTICULAR, BUT WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE FOREGOING, WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY TECHNICAL FAILURE OF THE INTERNET AND/OR ICEBERGPRESS.CO.UK; OR ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY TO USERS OR THEIR EQUIPMENT AS A RESULT OF OR RELATING TO THEIR USE OF ICEBERGPRESS.CO.UK. YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED.
TO THE FULL EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU/OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF CONTRACTS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, WASTED EXPENDITURE, LOSS OF PRIVACY AND LOSS OF DATA) OR ANY OTHER INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER THAT ARISE OUT OF OR ARE RELATED TO ICEBERGPRESS.CO.UK.
IF ICEBERG PRESS IS LIABLE TO YOU DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IN RELATION TO ICEBERGPRESS.CO.UK, THAT LIABILITY (HOWSOEVER ARISING) SHALL BE LIMITED TO FIFTY POUNDS STERLING (£50.00).
NOTHING IN THESE TERMS SHALL BE CONSTRUED AS EXCLUDING OR LIMITING THE LIABILITY OF ICEBERG PRESS FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE OR FOR ANY OTHER LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED BY ENGLISH LAW.