We currently have a vacancy at Iceberg Press:
Iceberg Press is a proudly independent publisher. We believe in magazines and are growing two of our own, The Simple Things and Oh Comely. We also have a new plaform to help other independent publishers, www.picsandink.com
We need a commercial person - someone to come in and generate revenue via advertising sales, but also someone who has a few ideas of their own. We want to grow and we want you to come and be part of that.
- This is a wide ranging brief at a young, lean start-up – so you’ll need to be flexible, committed and most importantly full of ideas about how we can grow and continue to find new ways to monetise our audiences. You’ll work closely with the two directors and the whole team to help develop the business.
- You'll sell advertising to our existing client base, manage and work with an external sales house on inserts and grow our advertsiing revenues through new business development.
- You'll also be conceiving new commercial products to sell and finding new ways to make noise and cut through a crowded and confused market. We are small, so you’ll also be responsible for invoicing, chasing copy and payments for the revenues you generate.
- You will probably have worked in media already – at a media owner or agency at senior sales/manager level – and be able to demonstrate your ability to make compelling sales arguments (you’ll need to demonstrate how you have already done this). You will understand our brands, you’ll feel for and care about printed media, but you’ll also want to change things.
- If you are not dissatisfied with the way our industry currently works and you can’t think of better ways to sell advertising and marketing solutions to cut through the everyday, then this isn’t the role for you. If you are and you can, then this is a unique opportunity to come and help us build something quite special.
- We’ll offer a good basic salary with an open-ended bonus scheme and a share of profits for new business streams – we want to grow and we want you to have a share in that. The role is based in our Croydon offices (20 mins from Central London).
If you’d like to apply then send your CV and covering letter explaining why this is the job for you, to David@icebergpress.co.uk.. There's no closing date, but we'll stop looking when we find the right person, so don't hang about.